Red River Radio News
EAST TEXAS PINETREES - In East Texas, the government shutdown is stalling progress on habitat restoration at Big Thicket National Preserve. The National Parks Conservation Association says thousands of special “longleaf pine” trees the park service has already purchased need to be planted before late February, but that can’t happen with the park service shut down. Speaking for the group is Cary Dupuy. “The tree seedlings need to be put into ground for maximum viability in the cold weather...
Airs Thursday, January 24, 2019, at 6 p.m. Amy Best studies kids’ eating habits and says that part of getting them to make the right food choices means understanding what kids like about bad food. And: If you ever got a concussion as a kid, doctors might have recommended cocooning: staying in a dark room, no reading, no TV, don’t use your brain. Bob O’Connor has new guidelines that suggest young people should return to normal activity as soon as possible. Plus: As ride-sharing apps become...
Airs Saturday, January 26, 2019, at 12 Noon. The 2018-19 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with the network broadcast premiere of the gripping psychological drama Marnie, an original Met commission by composer Nico Muhly and librettist Nicholas Wright. Mezzo-soprano Isabel Leonard stars in the title role of a woman trapped in a cycle of crime and deception. Baritone Christopher Maltman is Mark Rutland, who blackmails Marnie into marriage, and countertenor Iestyn Davies is...
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346.
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
Marketplace All In One listen here
- Zimbabwe troops accused of 'systematic torture' of protesters
- Four held over New York state 'plot' against Muslims
- Serena Williams knocked out of Australian Open by Karolina Pliskova after holding match points
- Brexit: Delay is 'most likely' option, says former chancellor
- Niagara Falls becomes a 'winter wonderland'
- 'Racist' D&G ad: Chinese model says campaign ruined her career
- US shutdown: Boy sells art to help mother
- Instagram 'helped kill my daughter'
- Rudolf Hess: DNA test disproves Spandau prison conspiracy theory
- Sabarimala: India woman who defied temple ban 'abandoned' by family