Thank you so much to each everyone who made a donation during our fall campaign. With your help we raised more that $110,585. As always, you can contribute anytime of the year. Please, if you have not yet made a contribution won't you do so today and help support all the programs you love and listen to each week. DONATE NOW
Airs Sunday, October 21, 2018, at 6 p.m. In 2017, Louisiana’s legislature passed the Justice Reinvestment Act, which sought to reduce the state’s highest-in-the-nation incarceration rate. The bill was championed by Democratic Governor John Bel Edwards and received bipartisan support including from community and business leaders. Now, just over a year later, the legislation has become a political football. State Attorney General Jeff Landry and Senator John Kennedy, both Republicans considering a run against Edwards in 2019, suggest that the reform package is a failure. They cite murders committed by two inmates released since the Act’s implementation. Are the criminal justice reforms working as intended? Has the legislation put more residents in harm’s way or are plea deals part of the problem? Louisiana Public Square looks for answers to these questions and more on “Revisiting Reform”
Airs Monday, October 22, 2018, at 1 p.m. This week we begin a new season of concerts from the Cleveland Orchestra, opening their 100th season with Franz Welser-Möst leading the orchestra in Beethoven's String Quartet # 15 arranged for string symphony and Igor Stravinsky's complete score to the The Rite of Spring, with an encore featuring music from Parsifal by Wagner.
Airs Tuesday, October 23, 2018, at 6 p.m. Once again Dr. Beverly Burden, an Associate Professor of Biology at LSUS and our resident entomologist, joines Bill Beckett to discuss our insect world, both friendly and fiendish. We'll talk about what's new in the insect world and we'll took forward to your calls and questions about "What's Bugging You" at 800-552-8502.
Red River Radio News
LONGVIEW, TX - The Historic Longview Farmer’s Market has reopened after summer heat and dry weather forced it to close for several weeks. Vendors have returned with fresh produce, baked goods and more. Ellen Gordon with Preservation Longview, which founded the market in 2011. “On Sept. 8, we reopened. We took a little break in the heat of August when there was no produce being grown locally", explained Gordon." But we are open again because we do have local produce once again, in addition to...
The Vehicle Donation Program provides Vehicle Donation Services to Public Radio stations across the country. This is a great way to support this station and get a tax write off for your car. Contact the Vehicle Donation program directly online or if you have any questions about the vehicle donation process, please don't hesitate to reach out to our vehicle experts at 855-277-2346 , or you can call our direct line at 401-808-8277.
Marketplace All In One listen here
- Bad data killed the video star
- The Economist's annual report outlines the conditions for the next recession
- Revisiting "pivot to video" in light of the lawsuit against Facebook
- China's economy sees slowest growth since financial crisis
- Technological advancement got us into this climate mess. Can it get us out?
This video takes you into the studio with Cliff and also through the world of birds that we cover on Bird Calls, which airs the second Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Please join us and please call in with your questions at 800-552-8502
- Jamal Khashoggi death: UK, France and Germany challenge Saudis
- Russia nuclear treaty: Gorbachev warns Trump plan will undermine disarmament
- Taiwan train derailment in Yilan County kills at least 18
- Ryanair flight: 'Racial abuse passenger' referred to police
- Two Americas, only 30 miles apart
- NBA: Lebron James' LA Lakers home debut is marred by a fight and ends in defeat
- David Beckham admits marriage 'hard work'
- Giant cave hall discovered down sinkhole in Guangxi, China
- French teen charged for pointing fake gun at teacher
- Migrant caravan on the move from Mexico-Guatemala border